Please click this link to save this document to your Google Drive.
GOOGLE MEET - FAQ
1. Can external participants (participants not from your domain) join a meeting without needing to accept them?
No, it is not possible for an external participant to join a call without being accepted into the call. Any meeting participant from the meeting organizer's domain can accept external participants. We're working on expanding this functionality. Follow this article to keep yourself updated.
2. Can I restrict participants from accepting external participants into a meet?
No, it is not possible to restrict participants within your domain to accept external users' join requests (e.g: disable students from accepting external requests isn’t possible). Google is working on giving more control to meeting owners. Follow this article to keep yourself updated.
3. Can I make sure students don’t use the meeting ID after the class is over? Can I 'start' and 'end' the call so students can't be in the call unsupervised?
Students will not be able to re-join a meeting after the final participant has left if:
- The meeting was created using a short link like g.co/meet/nickname
- The meeting was created at meet.google.com by entering a meeting nickname in the 'Join or start a meeting' field
- The meeting was created in the Meet app by entering a nickname in the 'Meeting code' field
This means that if the teacher is the last person to leave these types of meetings, students cannot join later without the teacher.
Teachers should just make sure they are the last ones out. If students are not leaving, they can disconnect them. As long as the teacher is the last to exit the meet, students will not be able to rejoin. if they are not the last one out, they can reconnect, kick out anybody left, then exit and no student will be able to re-join the meet.
4. Can I make sure students are only able to join meetings and not create their own meetings?
It is possible to disable meeting creation for students and Oceanside School District has already disabled students from creating their own meetings.
5. Can someone outside my organization join a livestream?
No, it is not possible for an external participant to join a live stream from your organization.
6. Can I prevent students from muting or ejecting other participants?
Yes, only the person who created the meeting can mute or eject other participants.
7. Is there anything I can do about disruptive students?
There currently is no way of keeping a student that was kicked out of a meet from rejoining. If a student becomes a constant problem the account administrators coan suspend their account so they can't log in at all.
8. Help! All of a sudden I can’t schedule a Google Meet from my Calendar! What happened?
Google is making updates to the Calendar. RIght now, only calendar owners can create a Google Meet. Stay tuned!